Bachelor of Commerce
CONDITIONS FOR ADMISSION
Admission to B.Com. I shall be open to a person who has passed one of the following examinations conducted
by a recognized Board :
(a) +2 examination with three of the following subjects securing at least 45% marks in the aggregate :-
Commerce (or Theory of Commerce or Foundation Course in Commerce)
Accountancy (or Book Keeping and Accountancy)
Mathematics (or Statistics)
Business Organization (or Business Management of Theory and Practice Management).
Insurance (or General Insurance or Life Insurance)
Banking and Trade
Office Management and Secretarial Practice (or Office Organization and Management)
Mercantile Law (or any Company Law)
Typewriting and Stenography / Computers (for typewriting)
(b) +2 examination with at least two of the subjects mentioned in (a) securing at least 50% marks in aggregate.
(c) +2 examination not covered in (b) securing atleast 50% marks.
(d) Provided further that :
1. A candidate who has been placed under compartment in the +2 examination conducted by a Board /
shall be eligible to seek admission to the First Year of B.Com. Course, provided he/she fulfills the
following conditions :
- He/She should have been placed in compartment in one subject only.
- He/She should have obtained at least 20% marks (Theory + Practical + Internal Assessment)
in the subject in which he/she had been placed in compartment.
- He/She should have obtained the requisite percentage of marks in the aggregate of the
examination as laid down in the relevant regulations.
2. A candidate who has not passed English as one of the subject at the 10+2 examination shall be allowed
to offer admission in the B.Com. 1st Year but he/she will have to clear English as a deficient subject
from the parent Board in two consecutive chances subsequent to his/her admission. In case he/she
does not clear the relevant subject in two consecutive subsequent chances, his/her provisional
admission shall stand cancelled.